Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Maud Bisch


This is a picture taken at Smith Studio in Oak Harbor, Ohio. When I was looking through/reading a book by Mr. Theirwechter I noticed the unique uniforms from the Oak Harbor High School. It looked like something I had seen before so mom and I racked our brains and remembered seeing this picture. Taking a stab in the dark we went back to the book to see if this girl happened to be in the 1916 class picture.

If you look carefully you will be able to spot her in the second row. According to Mr. Thierwechter that would make this girl Maude Bisch. When I looked her up in the family tree I discovered that Maud died in May, 1916 with the cause on her death certificate as "meningitis (streptococcus) & chronic otitis media". She was 17.

Timeframe: Whenever the class pictures were taken for 1916.

Where It Fits: Maud/Maude is the daughter of George Bisch & Louisa Leutz. Louisa Leutz Bisch is the daughter of Johann Frederick Leutz & Louisa Frederica Zink. Louisa's brother was Gustav Leutz.

Sources: Page 174 of "A History of the Oak Harbor Public School and the Benton-Carroll-Salem Local School District" by George E. Thierwechter.

No comments: