Thursday, February 3, 2011

**UPDATE** We're goin' to the chapel . . . or house

**UPDATE** Florence Windisch married William Michel in Ashtabula County, Ohio on 10 October 1912. She is the daughter of Friedrich Windisch (born in Carroll Township, Ottawa County, Ohio) and Lura Brodock (born in New York). She had a brother Leo and a sister Effie.



This picture is labeled as "Flossie Windisch & William Michle Wedding" with "Merle Fritsche bridesmaid" and "Edward Michel bestman". I am assuming the rest of the people in this photograph are probably family, I just need to figure out who is who.

Timeframe: Sadly I don't have the marriage date for William & Flossie but the large hairbow that Merle seemed to be so fond of was popular in the mid-1910's. Think between 1913-1917 or so. Since Merle is listed as a bridesMAID I assume it was taken before October, 1913. After October, 1913 and it would be Merle Leutz, matron of honor. :-)
I knew it was before October, 1913 I just didn't know it was one year almost exactly. I assume this picture was taken on the wedding day so, October, 1912.

Where It Fits: Christian Fritsche & Dorothea Langschwanger had ten children; two of which were Robert & Emilie. Robert married Caroline Hopfinger and they had Merle, the bridesmaid. Emilie married Frank Michel and they are the parents of William & Edward Michel.

No comments: