Tuesday, April 30, 2019

UPDATE: Confirmation?

UPDATE:  As you might recall I have been rebuilding my/our tree from the roots up.  This has lead to a number of new discoveries that I might have missed the first time around, weren't important, etc.  One of which was a document listing the home congregation of Della Meyer Rudes.  On a whim I emailed the church and a lovely lady by the name of Mary replied and offered to do some look ups and see if we can get some ducks in a row, especially in regards to this picture.  Ladies and gentleman, I give you the confirmation class of 1933 for St. John's Church in Genoa.  Below you will see Rev. Paul O. David with Donnabel M. Coleman (Ardner), Ruth E. David (Norwine), Alice L. Fondessy (Gleckler), Paul Gaul, William Hahn, Donald D. Lenz, Herbert E. Lorenzen, Leota M. Moritz (Dipman), Margaret C. Moritz (Holbrook), Merle H. Porter, and Merrill B. Rudes Jr.  Laurie had been right in calling out Merrill but the fourth from the left also looks familiar so now with the list of names maybe I can narrow down who he is and why he looks familiar.  



A nice Sunday mystery. This was taken at Northland Studio in Toledo, Ohio. There is no label saying who, what, when, or why. I am assuming it is a confirmation but I'm not sure.

Timeframe: The skirts are short enough that it is fairly safe to assume this was taken after 1908. Since all the girls have a bob cut, which didn't become popular until the 20's, this was taken after 1920. They started to get longer then the jaw length in the 30's and all these girls have the shorter bobs so I am guessing this was taken between 1920 & 1930.

Where It Fits: I don't know. Can you tell me?

1 comment:

Aleks said...

Could it be an end of school photo? Confirmation photograph Would be with a priest rather than a civilian?