Thursday, September 15, 2022

Leutz family papers

Last Tuesday I received a message from Mariah informing me they had found some documents and she was wondering if I was interested.  I replied with my address and like magic I received some very exciting mail today and I have jumped right on to share it with you.  So, without further delay I give you a passport and two baptism certificates.  




Am I the only one looking at his height listed as 6' 1" and thinking that for this time frame the man was a giant?  





This isn't the original-original baptism record but it is a certified copy of her baptism record which at the time also served as a birth certificate.  It would also be used to help gain membership to a parish wherever they ended up.




The documents came with both transcribed copies and full on translations if anybody is interested I can share those as well.  Thank you so much Mariah! 

Where It Fits: Johann & Louisa are the parents of Carl, Gustav, Charles, Luisa & Clara.  They are the grandparents of Oscar, Myrtle, Lorenz, Leon, Berlin, Clara, Edward, Emery, William, Edith, Esther and Fred Leutz & Omah, Homer, William, Ada, Luella, Maud and Clara Bisch.  

A picture of the couple can be found here: https://photographsandmysteries.blogspot.com/2010/03/update-fredrick-frederica-leutz.html

No comments: