Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Cousin Carrie


This is a page from the autograph book of Caroline "Carrie" Hopfinger. It was written by her cousin, A. A. Hopfinger. I do believe A. A. Hopfinger to be Adolph Arnold Hopfinger, the son of Michael Hopfinger & Victoria Kromer. I do believe the main page says

Cousin Carrie,
Laugh and grow fat
Be merry I advise
And as we are merry
Let us still be wise
Yours forever,
A.A. Hopfinger
It is dated in the top right hand corner as "Port Clinton, April 21/83" and along the right hand side of the page it says "Forget me not, forget me never". I can't make out what is on the left hand side of the page. It looks like an abbreviation for something but I can't figure out what.

Timeframe: April, 1883. That would make Carrie 18 years old and A.A. would be 17.

Where It Fits: Michael and Charles Hopfinger are brothers. Michael is the father of A. A. Hopfinger and Charles is the father of Caroline Hopfinger. A. A. Hopfinger married Agnes and is the father of Cecilia, Leali, Eulaia and Adilade. Caroline is the mother of Merle Fritsche.

No comments: