Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Berlin Leutz & Family


Today we have a picture of Berlin Leutz, his wife Lilly and their oldest daughter Beetrice. I do not know the name of the bear. This picture was taken at Smith Studio in Oak Harbor and identified twice. Somebody had labeled the back of my photograph but Uncle Bob also loaned me a copy when he supplied me with his old photographs, for all of which he gave me names. Today would have been Berlin's 116th birthday.

Timeframe: Beetrice was born in June, 1912. It was taken before January, 1918 because Monabell isn't in the picture. Judging by the dress Lilly is wearing it was taken after 1914. Since Beetrice looks older than 2 that isn't too hard to reason. I am guessing that Beetrice is three or four so about 1916 would be reasonable.

Where it Fits: Berlin Leutz is the son of Gustav Leutz & Mary Washa. He is the brother of Leon Leutz. Berlin is the father of Beetrice & Monabell. Berlin married Lilly, the daughter of Fred Scholt & Mary Woodrich in Michigan in October, 1911.

No comments: