Saturday, December 19, 2009

George Thierwechter & Florence Hopfinger


On this, what would have been their 91st wedding anniversary, we have a picture of Florence Hopfinger & George Thierwechter. Uncle Bob was kind enough to identify this image when I visited his house. For those of you that don't know, George Thierwechter was the author of several local history books including "A History of the Oak Harbor Public School and the Benton-Carroll-Salem Local School District". Uncle Bob was nice enough to supply a copy of the above book and it, as well as other books written by Mr. Thierwechter, have been a great help in adding names to my photographs.

Timeframe: Good question. I am not sure how to narrow down this image. They were married in December of 1914 and by the looks of the clothing the picture was taken much later then 1914. Maybe in the 1920's which would place Florence in her 30's.

Where It Fits: Florence Hopfinger is the daughter of August Charles Hopfinger & Marie Godemann. August is the son of Charles Hopfinger & Friederika Richardson. August is the older brother of Caroline Hopfinger Fritsche.

3 comments:

Judy said...

Thanks so much for this photo. I am their granddaughter. My mother is Jean thierwechter. She is now 94 and has really enjoyed looking at this history. Judy

Anonymous said...

Judith--that makes us second cousins. George Jr's sister was Florence Theirwechter and married Calvin Schneider. Florence and Calvin are my pop's parents and my grandparents. --Heath Schneider

Judy said...

Heath, I just read your comment. I know your grandparents by the names Buff and Neutz. I had to call my Aunt Mary to ask who Calvin and Florence were. Nice to meet you. Judy