Thursday, February 18, 2010

It was all started by a mouse

I have just recently returned from my 14th trip to Disney. Some of you might know that, some of you might have been there with me and some of you might not have even noticed I was gone. I didn't even miss a single day of posting. :-) How about that for skill/dedication/insanity? Anywho, it got me thinking. How about a nice, warm weather post? (No, I didn't have any warm weather on my trip, hence the idea of getting some digitally.) From the photograph album of Velma Taylor & Lorenz/Lawrence Johannsen we have some nice Disney pictures.
Goofy, I am 100% sure he is more related then most people let on. In the background you can see Dumbo, Winnie the Pooh, Eeyore, Chip & Dale.
"It was all started by a mouse." -- Walt Disney


The Magic Kingdom castle

Apparently I not only get my Disney blood from my mom's side of the family but dad has his fair share of Disney fans too. Grandma Mary Cary, Aunt Diane, Uncle Merrill and Aunt De Ila have all been to Disney World also.
Mary Cary with Tigger at the Crystal Palace

Not only do I have a bunch of nuts in my family tree but I have Disney nuts too! It wasn't just the mouse that called various family members south. Velma, Lorenz, Gladys and Shoney not only went to Disney World but Busch Gardens. Joyce & Rich Allen have even made the haul a couple times but haven't been talked into Disney yet. (We are still trying.) There is a letter from Della Meyer Rudes enjoying a trip to Florida but it doesn't mention where she visited. I am sure Grandma Mary Cary went to Florida several times, if not for Disney for cruises and other various trips. My family has also hit Fort Clinch (Amelia Island), WonderWorks, Disney World, etc.

Timeframe: Velma & Lawrence/Lorenz Johannsen and Gladys & Harold Schoenfeld went to Florida and Disney World in 1973, give or take. Mary Cary went to Disney World several times. The image above was taken in February, 2008.

Where It Fits: Velma & Lorenz are the parents of Joyce Johannsen Allen & James Johannsen. Velma is the daughter of Walter Taylor and Martha McMurray. Lorenz is the son of Julius Johannsen and Caroline Japsen. Mary Cary is the daughter of Leon Leutz & Merle Fritsche. Mary Cary is the mother of Diane, Merrill, Terry & De Ila Rudes.

No comments: