Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Congratulations Woody & Brenda

The surprise went well. Now I am engaged man. Changes lie ahead. - A Wedding in my Future haiku
Facebook status message, April 6th

Look at life's changes. Could August 1st be the day? Only time will tell... - A haiku of wondering
Facebook status message, April 6th

About 8 hours later a response was posted by Brenda:
Wedding date is set. August first we'll say "I do". Much excitement waits! - A confirmation haiku.
Over the Easter holiday weekend, I proposed to my girlfriend, Brenda, while we were on a nature walk. Essentially, I set it up so that on our walk we would be seeking out the nesting site of the very rare "Ruby-hearted gleamcatcher." It turned out that the "gleamcatcher" was actually a ruby and diamond pendant, and the "nest" was its box, which I had previously nestled in a tree.

After I gave it to her, I figured she would be a little disappointed, since we had been discussing the idea of marriage for a while. So, I mentioned that the reason I chose that particular pendant was that it went along so nicely with the ring I had in my pocket (pictured at the start of this article). I took it out and placed it on her finger, asking her to join me forever on that great nature walk of life (OK, those weren't quite the words I used, but they should have been).

To make a long story short, she said "Yes!", so on August 1st...

We're Getting Married!

Taken from the blog of Woodrow Windischman, April 13

CONGRATULATIONS WOODY & BRENDA!

No comments: