Friday, April 16, 2010

The Whole Rudes Gang


In the most recent batch of photographs I scanned there were a couple group pictures. Boy was I pleased to find these as I was rummaging through things. This is from the water damaged box so I apologize for the shabby copy and if anybody has a better copy or a way of fixing this one I would be much obliged. From what I can make out I believe this to be Della Meyer-Rudes in the back row on the far right side. I believe she has her arm around Diane Rudes. The next row is Merrill in the back, Mary Cary Leutz-Rudes and then Merrill the younger. Terrence is between Merrill & Randy. Behind Randy is his mother, Marian Bringe. Behind Marian is George. Marian appears to be holding on to Connie & De Ila who are the two girls standing on the pillars by the stairs.

Timeframe: I think De Ila and Connie look to be about the same size in this picture as they do in yesterdays so I am guessing it was taken in the 1960's, pre-1963. Correction: There is a date on the bottom of the image that says Sep. 59 so I guess that makes it closer to 1959 than yesterday's 1961. :-) Thanks for pointing that out De Ila.

Where It Fits: Randolph & Connie are the children of George Rudes & Marian Bringe. Diane, Merrill, Terrence & De Ila are the children of Merrill Rudes & Mary Cary Leutz. Merrill & George are the sons of Merrill Rudes & Della Meyer. Della is the daughter of George Harlow Meyer & Marguerite Schnackenberg.

Today's Birthdays are Elizabeth Johannsen, John Meyer, Malinda Disher-Rahm and Kathy Cash.

No comments: