Sunday, April 4, 2010

HAPPY EASTER!

So, no picture today. Just a review on the April Fool's post. How many of you investigated Mr. Stratton? Mr. Stratton was a member of the Barnum and Bailey circus. He is known by his stage name, General Tom Thumb. In case you didn't notice, Mr. Stratton is rather diminutive in size. He was 3.35 foot tall and weighed 71 pounds. How is he related? I haven't a clue. Is he even related? Not that I have figured out. Why was this image at Grandma's house? Good question! I am guessing somebody picked it up when they went to the circus. Even if this isn't Mr. Stratton the only known pictures taken by Mr. Eisenmann were of "circus freaks" including P.T. Barnum himself. Sadly this copy of the image doesn't have the labels on it like some of the other images sold by the circus. I guess that would make things just a little too easy. :-) So, if any of you guys think somebody else in the digital library looks a little more like our subject please let me know! Who knows, I might figure out where I got my height from after all. I hope you all enjoyed your April Fool's and I hope you have a beautiful Easter.

Today In History: Today is the birthday of Mary Johannsen-Boldt, Kay Lytle-Carsten, General McMurray and Sinke Johannsen.

No comments: