Thursday, November 12, 2009

Grandma & Grandpa Meyer


Today I doubt the point of interest will be the photograph. While it is a very nice photograph from Rogers Studio of Marguerite Schnackenberg & George Meyer there is something else of interest today too. It is a rather poor scan since it was rather tricky but . . .


George Herman Meyer, born November 4, 1867 was confirmed at Solomon's German Lutheran Church, Woodville, Sandusky County, Ohio on March 1, 1881.
If anybody else can translate the rest I would be interested in seeing what it says.

Timeframe: Since George died in the 1940's at 78 and he looks much younger than that to me I am guessing about 20's or 30's. Any ideas? The document is obviously from 1881 or so. I am guessing late February or early March.

Where It Fits: George Meyer & Marguerite Schnackenberg were the parents of Della Meyer Rudes. Della was the wife of Merrill Rudes and mother of Merrill Rudes & George Rudes.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think this is a grand photo considering how old it must be. I can't read the type on the certificate or I would take it to one of my German speaking friends for translation.